Holland, with its flat topography, UK like weather, short distances, nice people, and wonderful infrastructure are what has made Holland a first class and unique cycling country. There are a whole load of great reasons to get over there and discover Holland by bicycle: Here are 9 things to consider why you should go there and enjoy.
- Holland has an amazing 30,000 km of well looked after bicycle networks with cycle friendly crossings and junctions. Where else in the world has that?
- Cycling friendly road signs are everywhere, ensuring that it practically impossible for anybody to get lost.
- With over 30,000 kilometres of safe and sound cycling paths, in most parts separated from any motorised traffic, what more is there to need?
- The people of beautiful Holland are used to cyclists being an everyday part of traffic and are very cycle friendly. Nowadays, women’s and mens cycling jerseys are extremely popular as gifts.
- Holland is a flat type of nation, so that even any untrained cyclists will find it simple to travel the bicycle routes, and provide a no worries type of travel
- Similar to the UK, Holland has a mild kind of climate and in the spring, summer and autumn, it is seldom too hot or too cold to get out there and ride your cycle
- You will have the great benefit of being easily able to view the most beautiful spots that are otherwise hidden or impossible to get to for car users; the highly organised junction network will direct you to roads, paths and avenues that are inaccessible to motorised vehicles
- Cycling comes in at number one a green means of transportation, so you’re assisting in helping to create a positively more ecological kind of society for you and your children
- Not surprisingly, Holland happens to be up there in the top 5 countries in the whole world for road safety, thus giving you some well needed peace of mind as you move around from place to place in this marvellous country and culture.
And of course, cycling is also very beneficial to one’s health, and you will be seeing this unique country in a unique way that tourists in their buses will never be able to see. You will see the real Holland, up close and personal, which the everyday tourists can only dream of. Who wouldn’t like some of that on a holiday? And the great thing about it is that you can do it all by yourself, or with friends, or with family!
In short, cycling in Holland is the perfect means of transport if you want to see the country at its best. And if you don’t happen to own a bicycle or cannot take one with you, they are easily available to rent, pretty much everywhere.
So, get out there, on your bike and see the beauty of Holland and what it has to offer!